Sochi is an ideal venue for triathlon competitions as it has up-to-date infrastructure and comfortable climate. Become a part of the sports history!
The race starts at the Imeretinsky port bay in the protected area fr om waves and winds by the land. The water temperature here is 2 degrees higher than in the open sea water, and during the mellow season it may rise up to 25 C.
The cycling stage begins at the Imeretinsky resort area and goes into the picturesque motorway connecting Adler and Krasnaya Polyana. The athletes have to complete a long way up to the mountains followed by a speedy downhill ride.
The running course goes along the unique route in the Imeretinsky Resort Area to the lighthouse and back. This part is perfectly seen from the shore; therefore, the athletes will always be in the centre of the fans’ attention and will feel their support. The race will end in a spectacular finish area.
Both athletes and their fans enjoy staying in Sochi. 80% of IRONSTAR participants come with their families. There are attractions in the area such as the Olympic park, the Formula 1 track and amusement park within a walking distance. Besides, it is possible to visit the city centre and Rosa Khutor that offer various leisure activities options.
October, 08 (Friday)
— SWIMSTAR ONE MILE/DOUBLE MILE
October, 09 (Saturday)
— IRONSTAR 226
— IRONSTAR 113
October, 10 (Sunday)
— IRONSTAR OLYMPIC
— IRONSTAR SPRINT
The full schedule will be available later
Swimming: 1 h
Cycling stage: 2 h
Running stage: 1 h 30 m
Overall lim it: 4 h 30 m
List of age groups:
- M/F 16 — 24;
- M/F 25 — 29;
- M/F 30 — 34;
- M/F 35 — 39
- M/F 40 — 44;
- M/F 45 — 49;
- M/F 50 — 54;
- M/F 55 — 59;
- M/F 60 — 69;
- M/F 70 — 79;
- M/F 80+.
Male only team;
Female only team;
mixed teams with the participation of paratriathlets
Overall winners and Age Group’s winners (men and women), Relay teams and Paratriathlets will be awarded in accordance with the results of the competition.
The following documents are required for admission to participate and receive the starter pack:
• ID card (passport or other eligible identification document)
• Medical Certificate revealing no contraindications for participating in a triathlon competition/ or license
• Sport Insurance/ or license
• Signed waiver (can be signed on-site)
• Power of Attorney (in free form) in case the participant asked a third party to take his/her starter pack
Documents’ requirements can be found here.
Return and exchange of slots
• Refunds are made to the internal balance of the personal IRONSTAR account in the amount of 75% of the entry fee. Funds from the internal balance can be used at any time to purchase any other entry on the site www.iron-star.com.
• The transfer of the entry to a third party is possible via personal account. More information in the FAQ section"Registration/Exchange/Return".
• The change of the distance is possible from IRONSTAR OLYMPIC TRIATHLON SOCHI 2021 to IRONSTAR 226 SOCHI 2021. The sprint race will be held on June 1. The service is chargeable. More information can be found in the FAQ section of "Registration/Exchange/Return".
Registration fees can be refunded only on your personal account.
- timing chip
- professional time measurement
- bib number
- stickers with numbers for bicycle and helmet
- INGRAD swim cap
- gifts from sponsors of event
- Barilla pasta party for competitors
- food and bevarages on finish line
- water, isotonic drinks and gels on the course
- memorative medal on finish line
- professional medical care during event
- professional rescue team for swimming course
- free bicycle service before and during event
- supervision of referees
SWIM 1,5 км, BIKE 40 км, RUN 10 км.
Drafting is illegal.