The competition is held at the Imeretinsky Resort Area. It is an ideal venue for both, training and leisure. The start, transition and finishing area are two minutes away from the Imeretinsky and Radisson Blu Resort Hotel. Olympic Park, that hosts major national business and sport events, together with Formula 1 track and new amusement park are just in a walking distance from the Resort which makes your stay here during the sport weekend even better! Moreover, the airport is only 10-minute drive from the Resort Area. Any day of the sports weekend athletes and their families can walk to the new amusement park.
Drafting is illegal.
weekend scheduleMay 28, Thursday
Race kit pick-up
May 29, Friday
Race kit pick-up
May 30, Sunday
IRONSTAR 113 SOCHI 2020 race
IRONSTAR SPRINT TRIATHLON SOCHI 2020 race
Medal ceremony IRONSTAR SPRINT TRIATHLON SOCHI 2020
Medal ceremony IRONSTAR 113 SOCHI 2020
The full schedule will be announced later.
List of age groups:
M/F 18 — 29
M/F 30 — 34
M/F 35 — 39
M/F 40 — 44
M/F 45 — 49
M/F 50 — 54
M/F 55 — 59
M/F 60 — 69
M/F 65 — 69
Male only team;
Female only team;
mixed teams with the participation of paratriathlets
Overall winners and Age Group’s winners (men and women), Relay teams and Paratriathlets will be awarded in accordance with the results of the competition.
The following documents are required for admission to participate and receive the starter pack:
• ID card (passport or other eligible identification document)
• Medical Certificate revealing no contraindications for participating in a triathlon competition
• Sport Insurance
• Signed waiver (can be signed on-site)
• Power of Attorney (in free form) in case the participant asked a third party to take his/her starter pack
Documents’ requirements can be found here.
VISA, ACCOMODATION AND TRANSFER SUPPORT
Return and exchange of slots
• Refunds are made to the internal balance of the personal IRONSTAR account in the amount of 75% of the entry fee. Funds from the internal balance can be used at any time to purchase any other entry on the site www.iron-star.com.
• The transfer of the entry to a third party is possible via personal account. More information in the FAQ section"Registration/Exchange/Return".
• The change of the distance is possible from IRONSTAR 113 SOCHI 2020 to IRONSTAR SPRINT TRIATHLON SOCHI 2020. The sprint race will be held on June 1. The service is chargeable. More information can be found in the FAQ section of "Registration/Exchange/Return".
Registration fees can be refunded only on your personal account.
Swim 1.93 km, bike 90 km and run 21.1 km.
The swimming stage is held in the Imeretinsky port bay. The water area of the yacht port is well protected from storms, which ensures the athletes start in the most favourable conditions in comparison to the open sea water stage. The bay water temperature is 2 degrees higher than that of the Black sea open area. The water temperature in the bay varies from 17 to 25 C from June to October months. Wetsuits are allowed up to 24,6 C water temperature.
The cycling stage starts at the Imeretinsky Resort Area, followed by the cycling up in the mountains on the smooth road to Krasnaya Polyana and finished by the speedy downhill ride.
The race will finish with the run along the Imeretinsky port area and Olympic Park. You can imagine what kind of view you will see!
The race of the ‘half-iron’ distance includes 4 laps around the Imeretinsky Resort Area and the mall hedging the Imeretinsky Bay from waves. It is this part that makes the racing course unique. The race will end in a spectacular finish with the applauds by fans. In June Sochi already welcomes numerous tourists who will definitely be attracted by large-scale competitions in triathlon that IRONSTAR invariably turns into a real sport festival.